If you are new to Primes and Zooms, here is a quick description of our process to get you started.
In order to start experiencing the convenience and ease of renting from us, you need to first be registered as a customer with us. This process is fairly easy.
You simply need to submit the registration form online and attach scanned copies or clear photographs of the following documents with the form:
- Your recent photograph.
- ID and Permanent Address Proof: Passport / Driving licence/ Aadhar card (front and back) (Any two)
- Scanned copy of latest original electricity bill of your current residence. We do not accept soft copies generated directly from the MSEDCL website.
- Complete copy of rent agreement (if you are residing in a rented house) or Index II of registered agreement of sale (in case none of your ID/address proofs carry your current residence address).
Once the full set of documents is received by us, we require two working days at our end to process the registration. You can check the availability of required equipment during this period but the booking can be confirmed only after the registration process is completed.
We will send you an email confirming your registration. Please go through this mail and the attached documents which list out the Terms of Service (also shared on the website) and guidelines for taking care of equipment. If you have any doubts or queries regarding our Terms of Service, please call us for clarification.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
1) Do I absolutely have to register with you to rent equipment from you?
Registration is a compulsory process. No booking can be made without registration. Furthermore, registered customers will be given priority over unregistered customers in case of conflicting bookings.
2) Once I am registered with you, do I have to register again the next time I want to rent from you?
Registration is a one time process provided you have been renting from us regularly. In case more than 6 months have passed since your last rental, you may be asked to resubmit your documents.
3) What are my responsibilities once I have registered?
We expect you to update us with any change in your address, contact number, e-mail id and other information submitted at registration. Failure to do so may be treated as an attempt to defraud.
4) Will I have to pay for registration?
Registration is completely free of cost. We also do not force you to rent equipment worth any amount from us after you have registered.
5) Can my registration be rejected?
Your registration may be rejected if your documents do not fulfill certain criteria. It may also be rejected if we have reason to believe that there is an attempt at impersonation, identity theft, a blacklisted customer registering under another name, etc.
How To Book Equipment
The rental process has 3 very simple steps: reserve, receive and return. These are described in more detail below:
1) Reserve: Reservation can be carried out by the simple process of submitting an availability request from the website or over a phone call. We recommend that you plan your booking in advance to ensure availability.
2) Receive: Our equipment collection timings are between 4 pm to 7pm on weekdays (Mon-Sat) and 12 noon to 1pm on Sundays. You are required to check the equipment (and accompanying accessories and packaging) in all respects before signing for it.
3) Return: Our Equipment return timings are 9:30 am to 12 noon on weekdays (Mon-Sat) and 10am to 12 noon on Sunday. Please ensure that you return the equipment in the same condition as it was handed over to you. In case any parts or accessories are modified, missing or damaged, we will prepare an incident report accordingly and you may be liable to pay the charges incurred to replace or restore the equipment to its original state.
Home Delivery And Pick-up
You may also opt for our home delivery and pick-up services, chargeable separately, subject to certain restrictions:
- Lighting equipment, heavy tripods and astronomy equipment cannot be delivered.
- We request to make your first pick-up in person at our office so that the last part of the registration formalities can be completed.
- Home delivery and pick-up requests must be made at least a day prior to the trip date. In case of trips to Mumbai, we request you to give us at least three days notice in order to be able to arrange a trip for you.
Bookings may be made in advance by paying 50% of the rental charges at the time of confirmation. Booking advances may be paid either in cash, by card or through NEFT. A 5% discount is applicable to customers who pay the full rental charges at the time of booking confirmation more than 2 months before the pick-up date.
Modifications Or Cancellations
- Reservations will be cancelled / modified only by email from the customer’s registered email ID. No verbal cancellations or modifications will be actioned. The date of receipt of the email shall be treated as the date of intimation of cancellation.
- Reservations can be cancelled wholly or partly upto 7 days before the pickup date of the original rental period without any charges. Reservations cancelled within 7 days from the pickup date will be liable for 50% of the total rent as cancellation charges.
- In the case of no-shows or cancellations on the day of pickup, the full rent will be charged even if the items are not picked up by the customer.
- Rentals can only be extended after our formal confirmation. Such extensions shall be charged at the rate of 15% of the per-day rent for each hour of extension beyond the return time. Extensions without our explicit confirmation shall be treated as unauthorised extensions and penalised accordingly.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to inform us immediately of any potential delays in the return. Failure to do so will result in the extension being treated as an unauthorised extension.
- Any unauthorised extension shall be treated as a new rental and charged at 1.5 times the normal applicable rental rate. Unauthorised extensions may, at our sole discretion, be treated as default and will be sufficient cause to initiate recovery proceedings.
Generally our customers treat our equipment with the maximum care and take all possible precautions against theft and damage. However, in the unfortunate event of either of these occurring, we follow the following process:
- You are expected to inform us immediately about the theft or damage of any item and follow the instructions that we give you to take the necessary action required from your end. Informing us on or after the day of return will be considered as an attempt at concealment.
- In case of theft, apart from the required statutory proceedings from your end, you are liable to pay us the replacement cost of the item immediately.
- In the case of minor damages like small scratches on the body and glass, dust on the optical elements, etc., we will assess the damage and charge you accordingly.
- In the case of major damages such as noticeable scratches, cracks or stains on the glass, dents to the body, impaired functionality, etc. we will refer the repair to the brand’s authorised service center and you shall be liable to pay for the repair, courier charges and 50% of the rental for the number of days the item is under repair.
- Any attempt to have equipment repaired without our explicit authorisation shall be treated as a case of wilful tampering and you will be immediately liable for the replacement cost of the equipment, regardless of the status of the unauthorised repair.
- In order for you to qualify for any benefit of salvage, depreciation, etc., voluntary and timely disclosure of damage or theft is a pre-condition. Any delay in informing us of such incidents will render you ineligible for such consideration.
In case you need further clarification on any of these points, please feel free to call us at +91 8767477102 or email us at mail-at-primesandzooms-dot-com.